Wednesday, January 20, 2010

My First Post- Our teams 1 rule for the year

I'm sure I'll someday regret this whole exercise, but what the hey.....Welcome to my Lacrosse Blog.

This past weekend Jan 15 - 17 Coach Alan and I were able to attend the US Lacrosse Convention in Baltimore Maryland. Lou Holtz was the keynote Speaker. And some great coaches presented and demonstrated. I picked up a lot, and as a team there is a lot we can use.

I have been thinking of ways to try and improve our team rules but maybe it might just be best to borrow something from Coach Holtz.

So to keep it simple, the Boys Lacrosse team will have one rule. School rules will apply but we will only add one more to the mix.

“Do right. Do your best. Treat
others as you want to be treated."

Lou Holtz


I think that will get us through the year.

Coach T

2 comments:

jb.wilcox said...

That actually sounds like three rules to me, but I don't want the message to get lost in the details. I think that if we all live by coach Holtzs' rules we will be successful, in lacrosse and in life. I like it!

jb.wilcox said...

Reminder to all DVRHS Boys Lacrosse Players...

West Jersey is hosting some "Open Turf" time this Saturday morning, January 23rd, from 9 am to 11 am at the Power Time Sports Arena in Flemington. All prospective DVRHS Boys lax players for the 2010 Spring Season are invited to attend.

Directions can be found at www.powertimesports.com.

See you there!